On Thursday, 22 October, from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., ICC will host the exclusive online event on “Technology & Travel: How COVID-19 is shaping our options for global exchange”. The event will bring together global leaders across travel and tourism, international organizations, airports, airlines and other tourism-based businesses.
ICC is issuing a rallying call for all sectors to join the fight for recovery in global tourism and travel by activating industry-wide alliances, open cooperation and on-the-ground pilots to prevent further catastrophic job losses and negative economic impact.
Tourism has been one of the sectors hardest hit by COVID-19, with 100-120 million direct tourism jobs at risk and a staggering forecast loss to global GDP of USD $1.2 to $2.2 trillion if nothing is done.
The debate will be structured into two different moments: first, the panel will discuss how trust is being rebuilt using pioneering technology that already exists, major cross-border pilot implementations underway, and other latest developments in global travel and tourism, then a session of Q&A will follow to allow attendees to actively participate in the discussion.
• John W.H. Denton AO, ICC Secretary-General
• Manuel Butler, UNWTO Executive Director
• Natalia Bayona, UNWTO Director of Innovation & Digital Transformation
• Alexandre de Juniac, International Air Transport Association Director General and CEO
• Gloria Guevara, World Travel & Tourism Council President & CEO
• Ivan Bassato, Executive Vice President Airport Management at Aeroporti di Roma SpA
• Franck Mereyde, TAV Airports Holding Deputy CEO
• Moderator: Dorjee Sun, AOKpass Co-founder
For info and registration click here